Monday, October 20, 2008

Coyote Hunting

Those of you who know me know that I occasionally enjoy getting outside and doing my part to help out the local farming community. How do I do this, you might ask? It would seem that some of the local beef producers (and hobby farmers, for that matter) don't appreciate coyotes having "the run of" their farms. So, nice guy that I am, I burden myself with the grave responsibility of negotiating peace agreements with these marauding canines. I find it helpful to bring along a "translator" - inter-species language barriers being what they are, it can be difficult to make oneself understood with perfect clarity.

Below is a picture of a coyote, along with with one of my "translators." This is a post-negotiation picture: I feel that a very satisfactory understanding was reached.





No comments: